Why spend time and petrol driving to the tip with a dead tree and a car full of needles when you can arrange for a trusty band of volunteers to take it away?

Households throughout our catchment catchment area are being invited to save time and money in early January by disposing of their Christmas trees through the Just-helping charity and St Luke’s (Cheshire) Hospice.

For three years, St Luke’s has collected and chipped Christmas trees after the twelfth night, in return for a donation to the hospice, as part of its fantastic tree recycling scheme.

This year we are offering to collect real Christmas trees on 4 and 5 January from homes in CW1,CW2, CW4, CW5, CW6, CW7, CW8, CW9, CW10, CW11 and SY14

The hospice’s head of event management, Jane Thompson, said: “After the enjoyable festivities of Christmas, it is always a shame when you have to start taking the decorations down. Why not keep that lovely warm Christmassy feel by donating to have it taken away and knowing you are supporting patient care at the Hospice. To get your Christmas tree collected just log onto the JustHelping site and type in your postcode find out if we are collecting in your area.

The minimum donation is just £5.00.  80% of this comes directly to the hospice and the remaining 20% goes to other local charities chosen by the organisations that help with the collection.  This includes Middlewich and Northwich Round Table, Tarporley Rotary and the Crosses Rotary group of Sandbach.

We have had such a great response over the years so we are thrilled to carry on this great service with the support of JustHelping who take the payments and create all the mapping systems.  The income which last year was almost £3,000 is a terrific boost to our funds right at the beginning of the New Year.”

Residents that would like to save themselves the time and money, not to mention the mess, of taking their tree to the tip can now book in to have their tree collected and donate at the same time. It is quite simple. Go to www.charityxmastreecollection.com

The minimum donation is £4 per tree and the team of volunteers will collect your tree on either Saturday 4 or Sunday 5 January.

Booking is open now so book in early so the team can map out the routes and immobilise the right number of volunteers.