Fords of Winsford have donated £75 to have their two 12ft trees collected using St Luke’s Christmas Tree Recycling Scheme.

Jane Thompson, head of event management, said: “It’s always a shame when the decorations come down and you are left with the problem of what to do with the tree. This scheme offers a win, win to local people who can support their hospice and dispose of their tree without the mess or bother of taking it to the tip.”

The minimum donation is £5 and 80 per cent of which goes directly to our hospice and the remaining 20 per cent goes to other charities chosen by the organisations that help with the collection.

St Luke’s volunteers and lovely friends from local Rotary and Round Table groups will help to collect your Christmas tree from the 10th-11th Jan.

We can collect Christmas trees from homes in CW1, CW2, CW4, CW5, CW6, CW7, CW8, CW9, CW10 and CW11 areas.

To find how you can have your tree collected, please click here.